Jewel Armor is a concept in Princess Gwenevere and the Jewel Riders. It is a magical armor that the Jewel Riders and the Pack members create with their Enchanted Jewels to protect them from wild magic and other hazards.
The armor appears when it is powers up and disappears when it is powered down. Each girl transforms herself and her unicorn by raising her Enchanted Jewel after their magical invocation (for example, "By the magic of the Sun Stone!" for Gwenevere and Sunstar).
First season Edit
Each of the three Jewel Riders has their own set:
- Princess Gwenevere wears a unique winged helmet signifying her bonding with Sunstar, the winged unicorn.
- Tamara's magical armor represents her love of nature. The helmet symbolizes a butterfly to signify her respect for nature's eternal innocence and ever changing beauty. She is the only one without a cape.
- Fallon uses a special coordinated Jewel Armor that sets off her jet black hair, and her compact, sleek physique.
All three members of the Pack wear very similar Jewel Armor with their helmets shaped like a wolf's head.
Second season Edit
In the second season, now that all of the magic of Avalon is being channeled through their Enchanted Jewels, their Jewel Armor looks different. The girls also have different hairstyles when in it. The Jewel Riders gain far more athletic capabilities with their new armor activated. Notably, jewel glider wings can form from the back of their armor and spread out like a hang-glider cape, allowing them to glide around within the Wild Magic (and in case of Fallon's batlike wings, also to fly while in Avalon).
Other armor Edit
- Lady Kale's Dark Stone armor works similar to an Enchanted Jewel armor but without a need to say anything to activate it. She also usually stays powered up by default.
- In "Revenge of the Dark Stone" and "Full Circle", Kale's dweasels Rufus and Twig wear oversized, bulky Jewel Armor pieces they loot in the Jewel Keep.